Saturday, March 31, 2012

We're Too Difficult for the Drive-Thru? Yeah, Ok.

We are on vacation. Which means in the near future I will have a lot to say on this blog. But for now...here's a little snippet.
On our way out of town we stopped at Wendy's to eat. My husband didn't want to go through the drive-thru. Apparently, we are "difficult."
So we went in and waited in line. The kids and I ordered (quite simply) and then he stepped up to order and it went like this.
"I'd like a double combo. Medium. With a diet coke. And can you please have them cut that in half?"
What's that, Nancy...?
Standing behind him, I started laughing and so did all of the kids. This provoked the cashier to laugh. She looked at my husband, "Are you serious?"
He was.
This isn't the first time I've heard this ridiculousness. He used to do it at Burger King with their sub-style sandwich. But this was just a cheeseburger. Really?
So the kids and I proceeded to make fun of him and laugh with the cashier who was still cracking up. She even laughed when she went to the fry-boy, "Hey...he'd like his sandwich cut in half." He looked up at her with disgust. Which made her laugh harder and made me double over.
My son posted this nonsense on his Facebook, and my cousin Kelly's response best summed it up, "I hope he didn't forget his purse while he was there."




No comments:

Post a Comment