Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Musical Chairs With MY Family

Hey guys...what a weekend. And yes, I realize it's Tuesday. On Sunday, we attended what should have been a normal and fun birthday party for my 8-year-old niece. But, clearly this is asking a bit much from our family. I do give major props to my sister-in-law who made every effort to keep it light and fun with snacks, the trampoline, cousins, friends, and wait for it...this is where it goes sharply downhill...musical chairs.
My parents, along with their highly competitive drive to win, got a bit caught up in their emotions.

They tackled one another while fighting for a chair in front of God and yes, all of the 8-yr-old's parents they had never met. It should be noted, this chair was NOT the championship chair. And it should ALSO be noted this came directly following my mother shoving down a sweet little 8-yr-old girl whom she had never met. I would like to think mom didn't see the dejected look, and sad eyes on the little girl's face as she was running behind her pointing at the back of her head yelling, "No! I don't think so sweetie...Not while I'm playing. Huh uh. This is my chair. You may be eight, but you're a slow eight."


You may think I am exaggerating. I'd like to say that's true. It's not.

For those of you who have read my blog and think, I wonder what's wrong with this chick. Your answer is the video. These are, after all, my parents.

I have to think that sweet 8-yr-old girl found some kind of victory in this moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment